Car accidents are a frequent occurrence on today’s busy roads. Accidents of this type can both stressful and time consuming to sort out so it’s important to appoint the right legal representive. We operate a No Win No Fee service and can arrange everything from replacement vehicle to compensation and rehabilitation.
Our job as your conveyancing solicitor is to oversee the legal process in either the sale or purchase of your property. Our experienced team of property solicitors will take the stress out of the transaction allowing you to concentrate on the more important things in like moving home.
Do you know where to turn in the event of accident at work? Your employer has a duty of care to provide you with a safe environment to work in. If you have been involved in an accident at work through no fault of your own, then our legal team are here to help. We can assess your work accident and advise you of both your rights as an employee and any compensation that you may be entitled to.
Being the victim of a failed medical or beauty procedure can leave you feeling alone. We are here to listen to your complaint and advise you of your rights as a consumer. Our first class medical negligence department will provide you with all the answers you need to determine your prospects of success
Has the property you occupy made you or someone in your household unwell? Damp properties can cause damage to your belongings but most off all can lead to serious health problems. Don’t delay contact our housing disrepair department today.
Have you been sold insurance alongside your credit card, accounts or mortgage? We can help you claim back your miss sold payment protect insurance, don’t delay contact our payment protection department today.
If you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease, or suffer with a condition that has been caused by your work, you may be eligible to claim compensation. Contact our Industrial Disease Department today.
Slips, Trips & Falls
What starts out as a simple shopping trip can sometimes end up in a local accident and emergency department. Slip trip or fall accidents are one of the most common types of accidents and can lead to serious injuries such as back problems, paralysis, broken bones and head injuries. If you have slipped or tripped through no fault of your own, then contact us today to find our if you have a claim for compensation.
Are you looking for help and advice in relation to family law? We understand family law can be a sensitive and difficult area to negotiate. We have a wealth of experience in this area and in most cases will offer a free no obligation phone call.
Temporary Workers Claims Manchester
A temporary worker is someone employed for a limited period whose job is usually expected by both sides to last for only a short time. Temporary workers may be employed directly by the employer or by private agencies. Agencies will recruit, select and sometimes train temporary workers and hire them out to employers. Temporary workers are sometimes employed on fixed term contracts. A fixed term contract is a contract of employment for a definite period, set in advance. Employment ends when the contract expires and no notice need be given by the employer. Employment contracts may also be agreed which end on the completion of a particular task rather than on a specific date.
UK employment law makes no distinction between ‘permanent’ and ‘temporary’ employees. To qualify for various employment rights, however, employees must have served a minimum period of continuous employment with their employer. Most temporary workers will have insufficient service. However, some employment rights – such as the right not to be discriminated against on the grounds of race, sex or disability – have no minimum service qualifications. Employees on fixed term contracts have the right to be paid the same rate as similar permanent employees working for the same employer and in general terms should not be treated less favourably than permanent employees. This means that employees on fixed term contracts will have broadly the same rights to statutory redundancy payments, written reasons for dismissal and the right not to be unfairly dismissed as permanent employees.
There are several advantages to Temporary Working which include:
- Temporary workers can provide greater flexibility because the number employed can vary to take account of changes in demand for the product or service
- Temporary workers can also provide cover for permanent staff on holiday, maternity leave or sick leave
- Temporary employees can provide specialist skills to carry out specific projects
- Some businesses use temporary fixed term contracts as a screening device for potential recruits to the permanent workforce
However there are several disadvantages to Temporary Working which include:
- Some employers find that temporary workers lack motivation and commitment
- Businesses which use agency ‘temps’ depend on the screening and testing methods used by the agency
- Agency workers can sometimes receive higher pay than their permanent counterparts, which can cause resentment amongst employees and trade unions.
Making a Success of Using Temporary Workers
There are several things a business should do if it is to make temporary working a successful part of its workforce planning:
- Avoid using temporary contracts when the job is in reality permanent
- Consider the likely cost of using temporary workers compared to permanent workers
- Consult with managers to determine their views on the possible effects of employing temporary workers
- Agree proposals to use temporary workers with recognised trade unions
- Where temporary workers are recruited through an employment agency, contact several agencies to compare the services they provide, including their screening and testing methods
- Provide temporary workers or the employment agency with job descriptions and information on company benefits, rules and regulation
- Give temporary workers a written statement of their main terms and conditions of employment.
No Win No Fee
No Win No Fee arrangements (or Conditional Fee Arrangements; CFAs) ensure that if you do not win your accident claim, you do not have to pay your solicitor a fee. Insurance will cover you against the other side’s costs and expenses. If you win your no win no fee claim, you should receive your compensation free of any deductions, as your solicitor’s costs should be paid by the other side.
Call Us Now
Call us today and one of our specialist solicitors can start your claim straight away.
Start A Live Chat
Need an answer to your question quickly? Chat Live with our staff 24 hours a day .
Alternatively drop us an email with a brief description of your claim and we will get back to you within 30 minutes..
Have you been the victim of medical negligence? Then you may be entitled to compensation.